January 6, 2011

Clean Slate Club

I, like everyone else, enjoys a little bit of a break once in a while. The holidays are the perfect kind of break for me. Not only does it mean time off from work but also time off from--healthy eating! working out! saving money! getting enough sleep!--it is basically a couple weeks of slighty tipsy chocolate filled fun.

I'm glad its over.

I love Christmas, but I almost love the idea of starting off another year with a clean slate better.

This year, I only have one real 'resolutions' for myself:

1. Be honest. Now, you are probably thinking this sounds strange but the truth is it doesn't mean that I've been lieing to you all about the color of my hair or whether or not I really like your dress but more being honest with myself about what I want and what is best for me. Maybe that means saying no to some plans that come my way or the chance to make a little extra money babysitting because I could really use a good night sleep. Maybe it means dealing with something right away instead of putting it off until it magically disappears. Maybe it means having a difficult conversation instead of just avoiding the subject all together. Whatever it means, I'm sticking with honesty in the new year.

However, there are a TON of things I hope to accomplish this year and I'm hoping to chronicle my progress here all year long. I've made a list, subject to additions, and hope that most will be accomplished by the time Santa comes near year. Maybe you can help.

1. Re-start and refocus my blog for Jan 1--CHECK!

2. Get an A in both semesters of A&P class

3. Run 4 races

4. Visit 4 (new) states

5. Take more yoga classes

6. Make a budget

7. Find a volunteer opportunity for nursing school

8. Send 10 packages to friends

9. Send cards for every occasion

10. Home in February, April, June, August

11. Watch all Oscar nominated 'Best Picture' movies

12. Create excellent college graduation present for my brother

Off we gooooo...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags