August 3, 2010

Don't Wait

My job has taught me a lot of things this past year.

Appreciate everything. Don't take things for granted.

Set short term goals and don't forget to celebrate the small victories with the large ones.

Looking people in the eye and remembering someone's name can mean more than you might think.

As cliche as it might sound, a friendly smile can really warm up a room.

Don't take yourself too seriously--enjoy.


I think the most important lesson I've learned this year is Don't Wait. Don't wait to say all the things you've been meaning to say to all those people you've been meaning to say it to. Don't wait to take that class or learn a new skill. Don't wait to go on that trip or plan that next move. It's hard to say all of this without sounding morbid but its true--life gets so messy. The unexpected can happen at any moment and you really just never know. I am constantly reminded how lucky I am and always get a little bit of perspective on days that I don't feel so lucky. There is a lot to be thankful for and sometimes we all need to be reminded.

1 comment:

Tags