May 27, 2010

Favorites

I never knew what is was about the word favorite that got under my skin for all these years--but I think I've figured it out. Favorites are just so hard. When you were little you were always expected to choose.

Favorite color!

Favorite animal!

Favorite song!

I never really had any of those things. I still don't. I guess if you forced me to choose I could probably spit out answers on almost all of my 'favorite' things but in my head there would be numerous other options floating around for the taking. I don't know what it is about me--but I just can't choose what tops my list. I started this blog with the intention of helping me narrow down my interests and figure out my one passion but I just don't think I'm that kind of girl.

I know what I'm good at. I know what I like. I know what I don't like. Why does it have to be just one thing? I always tell James that I'm jealous of his love for photography if only because it is something that he has as his own. It is his thing. Well, I just don't have one. Maybe one day there will be something that can stand alone at the top of my list but for now I forge ahead with quite a few interests and more than one favorite in almost every category.

But, if you were to ask me to name my favorite warm weather drink (or really just one of my favorite things to sip on) it would be this:



What is this? This is seltzer with just a little splash of juice. This is so good. You don't even want to know how many cases of seltzer my mom brought for me on a recent visit. HEY--At least its not BOOZE! Although I do love a summer cocktail. I told you I couldn't choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags