May 9, 2010

Smarty Pants

It is hard to imagine when you are little that the friends you have at that very moment, on the playground or in your dance class, might not be your friends forever. You think that you'll live in the same neighborhood, go to the same college and then work at the same job--when you are little, it is hard to imagine what your life will be like when your all grown up.

I don't know if I'd consider myself to be 'all grown up' but a lot has changed since those little girl hometown dreams. I moved out of Massachusetts and to Connecticut for college. It was at Quinnipiac University that I met some of my very best friends. They are some seriously stellar women (and men, but for todays purpose it is all about my lady friends!)

Today I got the chance to see one of these ladies graduate with her DOCTORATE. Laura is now a DPT (Doctor of Physical Therapy) and is now officially the smartest out of all of us. Lauren and I surprised her at the ceremony--we wanted to be there to see her special day but we also wanted to incorporate a little element of surprise. When her name was called as she walked across the platform we shouted and yelled! We called her name and when we finally got her attention, we got the look we had been waiting for. She was truly surprised and also so so happy we had come.







It was so great to be back at QU for a little bit and to help Laura celebrate her HUGE accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags